Higher Education Department
Bikash Bhavan, 6th & 9th Floor, Salt Lake, Kolkata 700 091
N O T I C E
SWAMI VIVEKANANDA MERIT-CUM-MEANS SCHOLARSHIP, 2016
Applications are invited for scholarship for the year 2016, under “SWAMI VIVEKANANDA MERIT-CUM-MEANS SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME” for providing financial assistance to the poor and meritorious students of West Bengal, pursuing higher studies. The students of Post-Madhyamik levels in regular courses, who are domiciled in West Bengal and studying in an educational institution of this state after passing out from the State Board/council of Secondary/Higher Secondary Education/ and Madrasha Siksha Parisad or a University of West Bengal set up by State Act and whose annual family income is Rs. 2,50,000/- or less, may apply for this scholarship subject to as per the following criteria:-
For Scholarship at Higher Secondary level (@Rs. 1000/- p.m)
Candidates must obtain at least 75% marks in aggregate in Madhyamik Pariksha or its equivalent as stated above excluding optional elective subjects. Students who are enrolled in Class XI or its equivalent course on passing Madhyamik Pariksha or its equivalent examination in 2016 will be eligible to apply.
For Scholarship at Undergraduate level (@Rs. 1000/- to Rs. 5000/- p.m)
Candidates must obtain at least 75% marks in aggregate (Best of five including two language subjects). Students who are enrolled in the first year of Undergraduate course in Engineering/Medical/General Education after passing the H.S Examination or its equivalent Examination in 2016 will be eligible to apply.
For Scholarship at Diploma (Polytechnic) level (@Rs. 1500/- p.m)
Students who are enrolled after passing out in Secondary (M.P) examination or its equivalent as stated above in 2016 for first year Diploma (Polytechnic) course[ H.S. Examination or its equivalent for Diploma in Pharmacy or Modern Office Practice and Management of two years duration] and after passing out in “West Bengal State Council of Vocational Education and Training “ courses, which is equivalent to H.S Examination for 2nd year Diploma(Polytechnic) courses on lateral entry basis, will be eligible to apply. Candidates must obtain at least 75% marks in aggregate in the qualifying examination for applying the scholarship [excluding the marks secured in the optional elective subject, if any]
For Scholarship at Postgraduate level (@Rs. 2000/- to Rs. 5000/- p.m)
Candidates must obtain at least 55% marks in aggregate Honours subjects at the Graduation level in General Education/Engineering in the year 2016 who are enrolled in the first year class of Post Graduate course in General Education /Engineering, will be eligible to apply.
Different categories of applicants will submit their applications to the different offices as mentioned hereunder, in online mode.
1. Class XI students: Commissioner of School Education, West Bengal, (Training and Examination Cell), Bikash Bhavan, 7th Floor, Salt Lake, Kolkata: 700091
2. The First Year students of UG and PG courses in General Education(Arts, Commerce and Science), and other Professional courses approved by UGC, excluding Engineering and Medical- Directorate of Public Instruction, West Bengal, Scholarship and Stipend Section, Bikash Bhavan, 9th Floor, North Wing, Salt Lake, Kolkata: 700091
3.The students pursuing 1st year or 2nd year polytechnic Diploma course after passing Madhyamik Pariksha/Higher Secondary or its equivalent Examination – Directorate of Technical Education and Training, West Bengal, Vocational Training Institute, Plot: B/7, Action Area III, New Town, Kolkata: 700156
4.The First year UG and PG courses (Engineering and Technology) and other Professional Engineering courses of equivalent status approved by AICTE-Directorate of Technical Education, West Bengal, Bikash Bhavan, 10th Floor, East Wing (South), Salt Lake, Kolkata: 700091
5. The 1st year UG(Medical) students pursuing the courses like MBBS, BDS, BHMS, BAMS, and UG (Nursing) and Students of Pharmacy in three Government Institutes located at Jalpaiguri, Kalyani and Bankura -Directorate of Medical Education, West Bengal, “Swasthya Bhavan”, GN-Block, Sector-V, Kolkata:700091
Detailed particulars of the “Swami Vivekananda Merit-cum-Means Scholarship Scheme” along with online application facility, Model proforma for Income certificate and Income affidavit will be available from the following websites:
https://eservices.wb.gov.in and www.egiyebangla.gov.in
Application should be made on-line with effect from 16.09.2016 followed by sending the filled-up application (Hard Copy duly signed by Head of The Institution) generated from the website along with requisite enclosures (e.g. Copy of Marksheet, Income certificate (in original), Income Affidavit (in original), photocopy of the first page of Bank Passbook, Photo copy of Ration Card/Voter ID Card etc.) to the offices mentioned above by post/otherwise. The words “Application for Swami Vivekananda Merit-cum-Means Scholarship Scheme pursuing ________________ Course of Studies” (The name of the course in which admission taken during the year 2016 is to be mentioned). All applicants should paste the bar-code printed on the hard copy of the form generated from the website on the envelope and send/submit in person, the same to the respective offices mentioned above.
[For Example: For application to DPI, Education Directorate, please write (ED) after Application for Swami Vivekananda Merit-cum-Means Scholarship Scheme 2016. Similarly for Directorate of Technical Education one should write (DTE), for Directorate of Technical Education and Training (DTE&T) and for School Education (SE).]
Hard copy of the application, along with requisite enclosures and a recent passport-size and signed photograph, properly affixed on the application form must reach/be submitted to the offices mentioned above by 30th November, 2016. It may be noted here, that only duly filled in and complete applications will be considered for awarding scholarships. Level-wise number of scholarship awardees will be selected considering both merit and means of applicant from the valid applications received within the last date of receiving applications. Applications received after the last date of submission will be summarily rejected without showing any reason.
N.B. 1. Candidates opting for these scholarships and found eligible, shall not be allowed to enjoy any other Government (Central/State) scholarship or stipend for the same course/stage of study. However, one time grant or assistance received from any source, or free or partly free-studentship allowed by the host institutions will not debar the students from availing of the benefits of the scheme. In case of suppression of fact of getting double scholarships from the Government Authorities for the same course of study, the scholarships if granted shall be asked to refund the amount at once; other legal and penal measures for concealment of information/furnishing false information shall also apply.
2. For renewal of scholarship, application form available in the websites (https://eservices.wb.gov.in and www.egiyebangla.gov.in) duly signed by the Head of the Institutionmust be submitted to the concerned scholarship sanctioning authority within one month from the date of his/her admission in the next higher class due to promotion by passing in the first attempt. (In case of Semester mode-All Semester Examinations need to be cleared in the first attempt). Renewal cases (concentrated only at a particular level of study) will be sanctioned subject to good academic performance (Minimum 60% marks should be obtained from Higher Secondary Level to Undergraduate Level at the promotional examination) and 50% marks at Post Graduate Level)
3. As the payment will be made through E-Service only, furnishing of Bank details of the applicant, i.e. A/C No., Bank Name, IFS Code of Bank is mandatory.
4. Applicants having Aadhar Card shall be required to mention the Aadhar Card details in the relevant field of the online application form. Those who do not yet have an Aadhar Card but have applied for one shall mention the Aadhar Enrolment number. Note: Lack of Aadhar Card shall not debar /disqualify a candidate from applying for the Scholarship in 2016.
Toll Free Help Line: 1800 103 7033 (11 AM to 4 PM, Except Sunday)
E-mail ID for helpdesk: firstname.lastname@example.org